Sunday, July 7, 2013

Headphone Review: VocoPro HP200

Item: HP200 Headphones
Company: VocoPro
Price: $80
Rating: Excellent

When I acquired my VocoPro Hero-Rec Basic system, I knew I would need some good headphones to use with it, so I decided to review VocoPro's HP200 Headphones.

When I first tried them out, my initial thought was "Wow, the sound is incredibly clear." Then the bass kicked in, and I did apply a little equalization to pull some of it out. Still, I was simply thrilled with the clarity and quality.

These are not truly "over-the-ear" headphones, but they nonetheless provided excellent isolation. While listening to music, I was quite oblivious that my wife was walking around behind me, calling my name, and trying to get my attention for a list of honey-do's. I know they're good headphones if my wife hates them.

And that was at 30% volume!

In addition to great sound and sturdy construction, the VocoPro HP200 features interchangeable cords: one cord has a stretching spiral shaped (like the old phone cords), while the other sports an inline volume control. Either of the cords works with the custom 1/8" female to 1/4" male adapter, providing you with lots of flexibility.


I love putting these headphones on my head for a session, or putting them on my client's head and knowing that my customer is getting a top-notch audio experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment